Let's Thrive Together
I am running for re-election to Nevada County’s Board of Supervisors District 1 to continue to promote and support our communities' efforts to thrive as an iconic rural paradise. I was born and raised in the Bay Area, and spent my summers visiting my retired grandparents who had moved to Nevada County in the 1970’s. I moved here in 2005 to be closer to nature and to raise my boys in a slower, quieter community. I love living so close to nature with my husband Enrique and our dog Daisy and keeping up with our four children and one grandchild who live nearby.
- I was raised by teachers and attended public schools in Pleasant Hill, California.
- B.A from Pomona College (International Relations) 1983
- M.A. from Columbia University (International Relations) 1986
- M.A. from Rutgers University (Public Policy) 1989
My public service career at the Federal and State levels gave me extensive experience in program management and leadership, collaboration across private and public sectors, and complex multi-partner problem solving. I have worked at the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB,) and the California Department of Water Resources and was proud to bring these skills to County governance when I was elected for my first term to the Nevada County Board of Supervisors in 2016, and re-elected in 2020.
- County Representative to the California Association of Counties (CSAC)
- County Representative to the National Association of Counties (NACO)
- Subcommittee Chair on PILT funding
- Rural Action Committee Member
- Resiliency Advisory Committee Vice-Chair
These organizations offer me a platform for policy changes that benefit rural Californians and to bring in additional resources and ideas.
- County Mental Health Advisory Board
- Vice-President, Civic Well
- Member, InConcert Sierra Board